Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. They never flush at the right moment. Let me walk you through a typical useage…
-Run upstairs, no girl toilets on my floor, go into said stall *FLUSH* (note: I have not even unzipped yet!)
-Shut the door and turn around *FLUSH*
- Pull down pants *FLUSH*
-Sit *Flush* (now girls we all know that this of course leads to the dreaded wet bum!
-Tinkle, shift to get tissue *FLUSH*
-Reach to drop said tissue *FLUSH*
-Stand and tuck shirt *Flush* pull up pants *FLUSH*
-Open door *FLUSH*
- Door Swings shut *FLUSH*
Now tell me, does this seem like a water conservative piece of equipment. I don’t know about you but sometimes I like to take my bathroom break as a small break. With all the flushing and wet hiney it is hard to relax. There is one instance in which the toilet seems to function normally. This of course is when you are in need of an extra flush…you know what I mean? The 2 ladies from the upstairs office walk in and start to sniff loudly, I can swing my arms around like a banshee, sway like I am on a ship and still that blasted thing won’t flush. It is not until the ladies walk out and I can finish, stand, and find the pen-head-size button to push that the blasted thing will finally flush. Why is this? Is it some kind of joke? Am I on a hidden video camera? What is the deal?
What do you think? Does the world need automatic flushing toilets? They scare children, waste water and worst of all get my butt wet, which spread to the undies and then I am uncomfortable until they dry which, unfortunately, is usually moments before I return to the bathroom. It is a never ending cycle I tell you!
Don’t even get me started on those blasted automatic sinks.. seriously who wants to wave their hands under invisible water trying to hit just the right radius to activate the flow…then can rinse their hands in the 3 seconds of water they give you. and if they do, I don’t want to touch the door knob after them. Tell you what…… I will flush myself and then I can use the water I saved to wash my hands for a proper amount of time!
That is my rant on “advancement” for today let me know what you think!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
1. Used a spoon all by himself to eat....if you can call it that...yogurt! As you can see he had a great time!BTW...he can also say "yogurt"(will post pics soon)
2. Can climb on a jump off of the ottoman all by himself...don't worry Mama or Daddy catch him!
3. Can say please...most of the time..but still has to be prompted.
4. Says "mine" with gusto!
5. Climbs on his armchair, rides the arm like a horse and then falls onto the pile of pillows that Mommy and Daddy have lovingly places beside the chair. (don't call CPS ok, he loves it! Besides it is only a foot off the ground.
6. Will scream bloody murder when put in his high chair...that is until you hand him a spoon, for some reason this makes everything all better!
7. No longer technically eats in highchair. Tray and leg divider have been removed, seat has been lowered and pulled to the head of the table. He now eats off of his animal paper plate or suction cup bowl.
8. Favorite Foods include Nana's...don't say it if you don't got one!....yogut, coocoos (cookies), eggs, raisins...yes they come out much the way they go in but he loves them!.....milk, juice from a box with a straw..definite favorite!..waffles, french toast, hot dogs (turkey..not weird parts).... And true to his mother he enjoys PEAS...sorry Papa!
9. Likes to wrestle his way into car seat, fight the straps for a while and then gets over it.
10. Loves to be chased...he will pick up something he knows he shouldn't have just so you will chase him!
11. Every time he sees a cell phone he says..."dada" Even if Jon is sitting right there he always thinks it is him. One time when I said no not Dad he said "Sissy"...that's Meg's name
12. HATES having his diaper changed...that boys gonna be potty trained ASAP!
13. Loves to ride in a card board box!
14. Loves being upside down...still
15. Will give kisses....by smacking his lips
16. Waves bye-bye when appropriate or sometimes when he is ready to leave somewhere...it's hilarious!
17. Has gotten two molars and two coinciding ear infections..oh, joy!
18. Hates having his nose/face/hands/butt wiped......ALL BOY!
19. Can repeat most of the alphabet pretty consistently...we have it on video....I will get Jon to load it
20. Loves to tackle Molly!
21. Goes to sleep with 2 songs, a little rocking and a blanket. He is also never in the same spot when I check on him. He is moving and grooving even in his sleep!
22. He blows on his food to cool it off....even if it's not hot. He saw me do it and now does it for everything!
These are just a few fun things we have seen in the past month! He is getting so big and so much more fun everyday!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Merry Christmas and watch those mailboxes. When you receive those beautiful cards, display them on the fridge or your mantle but whatever you do don't you dare throw that away....it took a lot of effort!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
that's right IT WAS
POOP IN THE TUB!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
1. My Husband! He is crazy, sometimes messy and sleeps odd hours but he is the best! when he plays with Kaden it melts my heart!
2. Kaden's feet! they are so cute and ticklish! He laughs just if you take off his shoes and socks in anticipation of the tickling!
3. Kaden's laugh..what can I say...so so cute!
4. DVR....seriously it is awesome!
5. A job that I love!
6. A fabulous babysitter for Kaden.
7. Instant oatmeal...seriously, it's easy, delicious and i can make it at work if I don' t have time for breakfast at home!
8. My microwave...seriously how did people have time to cook without it! Pre-timed buttons for fresh vegetables, baked potatoes and reheating! Genius! A working mom's best friend!
9. Kaden's belly, it is so cute and ticklish! I can't wait until he can point to it on command!
10. Baby snot sucker....ok Kaden HATES it but when he wakes up and can't breathe it makes it much easier for me to free his breathing! so what if I have to practically put him in a head lock, it works great for the pre-blowing nose phase!!
11. Great Friends! I have so many great friends who have supported us while I was job hunting and who offer up financial and babysitting services as needed! Especially for my sister, AKA Aunt Sissy. She is always there and willing to offer a helping hand. Unless it is a stinky diaper, those she only does if she is the only one there.She is the best! 12. Jon's brain. He comes up with the greatest ideas. He is so creative and once he has it in his head to do something there is no stopping him! You can thank him for the birth announcement, birthday card and yearly Christmas card. I sometimes have the ideas but he makes it happen!
13. Hot showers! I have the hardest time getting out of the shower! I can actually get dressed, do my make-up and hair in less time than I spent in the shower...sad huh???
14. Pillows! I sleep with at least 3...4 if I can manage to wrestle them away from Jon. Two under my head, (one must be my memory foam) one to snuggle with in front and one behind my back! Ah, Paradise! Good thing we have a king size bed!
15. Having no laundry...ok it rarely happens but it is nice to feel organized!
16. Freshly vacuumed carpet. Looks so nice and fur free!
17. I am thankful that even though Kaden will sometimes (like this morning) fight me when it comes to eating breakfast, that he will eventually (when we are already 10 minutes late) decide he wants to finish off the whole bowl! Thank you flexible job!
18. Rain. I love the smell, the sound and napping in the rain! I love cuddling on the couch and watching a movie while the rain pours down outside!
19. Movies, they are so fun. Even if they are stupid....trust me I have seen my share....they bring laughter, joy and an escape from the everyday worries of life!
20. Hugs! Whether quick, long or from your one year old while he falls asleep there is nothing better than a hug!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tonight is Halloween and if we are able to attend the 2 events that we are planning on attending Kaden will have attended 8 fall fun festivals, had 3 pony rides, 4 hayrides, 2 petting zoos, 1 real zoo and played about 15 carnival games! That means he has gotten to wear his costume 7 times! Jon says he probably just thinks it is part of his rotation of clothing now. October has been a fun busy month. I am all about a free festival and we have hit up as many as possible! Last night we found out that Kaden is a bit of a carnival game prodigy. He was playing bean bag toss, bowling, duck game, and even rode a roller coaster. Ok a little one, but he loved it! He didn't want to stop playing the pick and egg game and was a champ at choosing a lollipop off the tree. He really enjoyed the bouncy horses and with a little help kicked 3 soccer balls into the goal at the same time! We were truly impressed with how willing he was to participate in the games. It was fun to watch him! (Mommy and Daddy did share the candy with him that he could actually eat!
He did go in this morning for 4 shots and managed to break through his first lower left molar. Fun day, so we may not make all planned stops tonight. BTW...he is 30 1/4 inches long/tall and a little over 21 pounds. The doctor said he is in the 30% for weight...that's right a Rynders/Rhodes that is under weight! I think the fact that he is constantly moving unless strapped into something contributes largely to this! Everything else looked great!
We do plan on a little trick or treating, just the neighbors and a few friends. I will write more tomorrow and post pics!
BTW...if you live in Abilene be sure and check out KTAB 10:00 news, you just might see someone familiar in the weather segment!
Friday, October 26, 2007
One Day Old
When I was pregnant with Kaden people told me to enjoy this time because it would go by so fast. At the time I didnt' believe them. How can sleepless nights and throw-up go by fast? They were right..my little rag doll is now a little man! This first year has flown by and I have 20 more fun things to add for this month!
1. He uses the word "uh, oh" with great accuracy...though he does often drop things purposefully so that he can say it. Still in that little voice it is so cute!
2. He has started saying "oh, dough," for "oh, no" also precious. Miss Joyce said he yelled it out when the volcano exploded on Land Before Time.
3. He took is 1st, 2nd and 3rd Hayride.
4. He got his first Halloween Costume. By the end of the month he will have worn it 5 times! How's that for gettin gyour money's worth!
5. He still loves books! He will sit and "read" them by himself!
6. He loves to dance with his musical toys.
7. He can say "arf" and "woof" when "talking" to his dog pals.
8. He goes to sleep with just a little wimper now.
9. He loves going for walks in the stroller.
10. He does not like Giant Clifford's. Though he didnt' mind Madeline!
11. If you ask him to go "bye, bye" He will run to the back door and wait for you to open it!
12. If I need to check the mail he will wait by the car at the top of the driveway for me! When I am about half-way back up the driveway he will turn around and run for the door!
13. He loves his Diego toothbrush, but only if he is doing it himself!
14. He stands up the whole time you are bathing him until you turn the faucet on to rinse...he will then promply sit down. It is hillarious!
15. He LOVES his DADDY! (not that he hasn't always) but this month in particular he loves to look a this pictures if he is not home. Last night he climbed in my lap so that he could look at his picture on the phone.
16. He loves to pick ut the phone, cell phones, etc. and then have you chase him to get them back. He finds this hysterical! He can bring objects when prompted though.
17. He loves to open and close doors. Especially if he is on the opposite side from you! He does get mad if you don't open it back up pretty quickly!
18. He loves BREAD and FRUIT! He will also love a food one day and not want to touch it the next!
19. He loves peek-a-boo, or being surprised. It is one sure way to get a laugh!
20. He looks great in a tie!
My Big One Year Old Boy!
What's your full name? Angela Jill Rhodes
What are you most afraid of? losing my family, rollercoasters!
What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a Theater? Bourne Ultimatum, wow that's been a while!
Ever been to Alaska ? No
Ever been toilet paper rolling? yes, many times...I lives in Abilene there wasn't much to do!
Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes
Been in a car accident? Yes, when I was 16. I was going to babysit and meghan made me drive Mom' s Buick which I didn't like driving. needless to say the death intersection at Catclaw and Rebecca Lane led to the demise of the almost new Buick!
Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons!
Favorite day of the week? Saturday
Favorite restaurant? La Haceinda, Rio Mambo
Favorite Flower? roses or tulips
Favorite sport to watch? food network challenge?
Favorite Drink? Diet Coke
Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Phish Food...though it si rather impossible to find!
Disney or Warner Brothers? Both
Ever been on a ship? Yes, I went on a cruise my junior year in college...it was cloudy the whole time except th elast day on the way back...still fun though!
What color is your bedroom carpet? off-white
How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
Before this one, who did you get your last email from? several people at once!
What do you do when you are bored? bored??? what does that mean?
Bedtime? asleep on couch, usually...9:30...actually in bed 10:30
Favorite TV show? The Office, 30 Rock, er, My Name is Earl, oh my new favorite..Big Bang Theory....it is hillarious!
Last person you went out to eat with? Jon
Favorite time of year? winter/spring
Favorite color? red, blue and green
How many tattoos do you have? none...that you can see...he he..... just kidding. there are lots of pretty things in the world but nothing that I want on my body forever. I do enjoy LA Ink though!
How Many Pets do you have? one, a dog named Molly
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Chicken, i have received the whoel explanation from my uncle!
What do you want to do before you die? Have more kids, see my kids get married, become a grandmother, travel (to places like Hawaii, California, National Parks, France, Virgin Islands, etc.), retire and spend my days just hanging out with Jon.
Have you ever been to Hawaii? No...see the list from above
Have you been to countries outside the US ? yes, Mexico and Rome.
Time this survey ended? 10:25
Alright people I know I am dreadfully behind but I have been busy! Kaden's party was a success I think! It was rather warm..85...so his costume didn't stay on long. We had almost 50 people and our living room looks like Santa's toy shop! thanks to everyone who came!
Here are some shots of the big day!
The better late than never award goes to:
Jordan and Melynda!
The award for Oldest Trio goes to:
Grammy Jane and her Jungle Cats!
Monday, October 15, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
We did finally get some dinner at Mimi's. The bib covered most of the reindeer and we only got a few strange looks. We were prepared with a story about him modeling for a Christmas craft show but never got the chance to use it!
Friday, October 12, 2007
My baby boy turned 1 this past Wednesday and in honor of that I would like to steal an idea from a friend and give you a little Kaden top 25
1. Kaden Jon Rhodes was born on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 10:02 am (tried to make 10, but doc was too slow!). He was born in delivery room 10 and we were moved to room 244 ( adds to 10). Cooky right! He also had approximately 10,000 photos taken that first day!
2. His first word was dada followed by dog, duck and finally mama!
3. He started sleeping through the night at about 3 months. (9pm to 6:30am)
4. He will sleep until 9:00 if given the opportunity but usually rises at 6:30 when his Mama goes to get him up. He usually wakes up with a smile but if not his first Molly kiss of the day usually does it!
5. He loves to flip light switches! He is successful only about 1/2 the time but loves to try!
6. He loves mirrors! We have always been able to make him smile by showing him a mirror. If I was that cute I would want to look at myself all the time too!
7. He loves dogs! As aforementioned, dog before mama! He loves to get open mouth kisses from Molly, we are working on keeping the mouth closed! He cracks himself up just going for a kiss!
8. His first real food was sweet potatoes, which he still prefers over french fries! Crazy! Interesting side note, sweet potatoes are one of the few foods his daddy doesn't like!
9. He started walking at 10 months and running at 10 1/2. This boy is on the move!
10. He loves books! Especially pop-ups! He will read the same where's baby book 50 times if you will let him!
11. He loves his stick horse. Before he could walk he would crawl and drag it with one hand, now he will sit on it and try to sing the bonanza song, that is what we always sing to get him to bounce up and down on it! He blows his lips and says bu bu as soon as we open the garage, this is his word for his stick horse!
12. He love peekaboo! with towels, blankets or even just look away and looking back really fast!
13. He loves to pretend to give you a bite of something and then quickly sticks it back in his own mouth. This cracks him up every time!
14. He will be attending his 2nd Baylor Homecoming this year, last year he went when he was 11 days old!
15. His wardrobe consists mostly of collared shirts, per Aunt Sissy's advice, jeans and shorts. We recently added shoes, he is better with them but still prefers bare feet!
16. He stays with Ms. Joyce this year while Mommy and Daddy work. Eric is teaching him to toughen up. He has learned to take a train to the head rather well.
17. He is allergic to clothing dye. If we put an outfit on him that hasn't been washed he immediately gets a rash!
18. He gave up his paci at 3 months and his bottles at 11 months. He also switched himself to real milk at 11 months, he just refused to drink formula anymore! who can blame him!
19. He loves to eat! but as I said more vegetable than anything! he also loves goldfish, puffs, string cheese, bread, peas, green beans and yogurt!
20. He loves barking at dogs. Maybe we have the next Dr. Doolittle.
21. He is named Kaden(because it was a name Jon and I liked 5 years ago and we thought it would be unique. Little did we know it would become one of the most popular names for 2006) and Jon (for his Daddy of course)! Hi snicknames include Sweet Boy, Munchkin and Bubba
22. He has bright blue eyes, everyone always asks if they can have them and white blond hair. He has already had two hair cuts! He hates them, by the way, but always looks so handsome afterwards! On occasion, he gets a little spike like daddy's!
23. His favorite kid show is Blue's Clues..a dog....... shocking I know!
24. He loves the water...unless it is on a rag trying to wash his face! He loves to swim(crawl in the shallow parts) and loves the Fort Worth Water Gardens!
25. He has the best laugh! He is super ticklish (like Daddy) and has had an awesome belly laugh since about 3 months!