Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tonight is Halloween and if we are able to attend the 2 events that we are planning on attending Kaden will have attended 8 fall fun festivals, had 3 pony rides, 4 hayrides, 2 petting zoos, 1 real zoo and played about 15 carnival games! That means he has gotten to wear his costume 7 times! Jon says he probably just thinks it is part of his rotation of clothing now. October has been a fun busy month. I am all about a free festival and we have hit up as many as possible! Last night we found out that Kaden is a bit of a carnival game prodigy. He was playing bean bag toss, bowling, duck game, and even rode a roller coaster. Ok a little one, but he loved it! He didn't want to stop playing the pick and egg game and was a champ at choosing a lollipop off the tree. He really enjoyed the bouncy horses and with a little help kicked 3 soccer balls into the goal at the same time! We were truly impressed with how willing he was to participate in the games. It was fun to watch him! (Mommy and Daddy did share the candy with him that he could actually eat!
He did go in this morning for 4 shots and managed to break through his first lower left molar. Fun day, so we may not make all planned stops tonight. BTW...he is 30 1/4 inches long/tall and a little over 21 pounds. The doctor said he is in the 30% for weight...that's right a Rynders/Rhodes that is under weight! I think the fact that he is constantly moving unless strapped into something contributes largely to this! Everything else looked great!
We do plan on a little trick or treating, just the neighbors and a few friends. I will write more tomorrow and post pics!
BTW...if you live in Abilene be sure and check out KTAB 10:00 news, you just might see someone familiar in the weather segment!
Friday, October 26, 2007
One Day Old
When I was pregnant with Kaden people told me to enjoy this time because it would go by so fast. At the time I didnt' believe them. How can sleepless nights and throw-up go by fast? They were right..my little rag doll is now a little man! This first year has flown by and I have 20 more fun things to add for this month!
1. He uses the word "uh, oh" with great accuracy...though he does often drop things purposefully so that he can say it. Still in that little voice it is so cute!
2. He has started saying "oh, dough," for "oh, no" also precious. Miss Joyce said he yelled it out when the volcano exploded on Land Before Time.
3. He took is 1st, 2nd and 3rd Hayride.
4. He got his first Halloween Costume. By the end of the month he will have worn it 5 times! How's that for gettin gyour money's worth!
5. He still loves books! He will sit and "read" them by himself!
6. He loves to dance with his musical toys.
7. He can say "arf" and "woof" when "talking" to his dog pals.
8. He goes to sleep with just a little wimper now.
9. He loves going for walks in the stroller.
10. He does not like Giant Clifford's. Though he didnt' mind Madeline!
11. If you ask him to go "bye, bye" He will run to the back door and wait for you to open it!
12. If I need to check the mail he will wait by the car at the top of the driveway for me! When I am about half-way back up the driveway he will turn around and run for the door!
13. He loves his Diego toothbrush, but only if he is doing it himself!
14. He stands up the whole time you are bathing him until you turn the faucet on to rinse...he will then promply sit down. It is hillarious!
15. He LOVES his DADDY! (not that he hasn't always) but this month in particular he loves to look a this pictures if he is not home. Last night he climbed in my lap so that he could look at his picture on the phone.
16. He loves to pick ut the phone, cell phones, etc. and then have you chase him to get them back. He finds this hysterical! He can bring objects when prompted though.
17. He loves to open and close doors. Especially if he is on the opposite side from you! He does get mad if you don't open it back up pretty quickly!
18. He loves BREAD and FRUIT! He will also love a food one day and not want to touch it the next!
19. He loves peek-a-boo, or being surprised. It is one sure way to get a laugh!
20. He looks great in a tie!
My Big One Year Old Boy!
What's your full name? Angela Jill Rhodes
What are you most afraid of? losing my family, rollercoasters!
What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a Theater? Bourne Ultimatum, wow that's been a while!
Ever been to Alaska ? No
Ever been toilet paper rolling? yes, many times...I lives in Abilene there wasn't much to do!
Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes
Been in a car accident? Yes, when I was 16. I was going to babysit and meghan made me drive Mom' s Buick which I didn't like driving. needless to say the death intersection at Catclaw and Rebecca Lane led to the demise of the almost new Buick!
Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons!
Favorite day of the week? Saturday
Favorite restaurant? La Haceinda, Rio Mambo
Favorite Flower? roses or tulips
Favorite sport to watch? food network challenge?
Favorite Drink? Diet Coke
Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Phish Food...though it si rather impossible to find!
Disney or Warner Brothers? Both
Ever been on a ship? Yes, I went on a cruise my junior year in college...it was cloudy the whole time except th elast day on the way back...still fun though!
What color is your bedroom carpet? off-white
How many times did you fail your driver's test? None
Before this one, who did you get your last email from? several people at once!
What do you do when you are bored? bored??? what does that mean?
Bedtime? asleep on couch, usually...9:30...actually in bed 10:30
Favorite TV show? The Office, 30 Rock, er, My Name is Earl, oh my new favorite..Big Bang Theory....it is hillarious!
Last person you went out to eat with? Jon
Favorite time of year? winter/spring
Favorite color? red, blue and green
How many tattoos do you have? none...that you can see...he he..... just kidding. there are lots of pretty things in the world but nothing that I want on my body forever. I do enjoy LA Ink though!
How Many Pets do you have? one, a dog named Molly
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Chicken, i have received the whoel explanation from my uncle!
What do you want to do before you die? Have more kids, see my kids get married, become a grandmother, travel (to places like Hawaii, California, National Parks, France, Virgin Islands, etc.), retire and spend my days just hanging out with Jon.
Have you ever been to Hawaii? No...see the list from above
Have you been to countries outside the US ? yes, Mexico and Rome.
Time this survey ended? 10:25
Alright people I know I am dreadfully behind but I have been busy! Kaden's party was a success I think! It was rather warm..85...so his costume didn't stay on long. We had almost 50 people and our living room looks like Santa's toy shop! thanks to everyone who came!
Here are some shots of the big day!
The better late than never award goes to:
Jordan and Melynda!
The award for Oldest Trio goes to:
Grammy Jane and her Jungle Cats!
Monday, October 15, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
We did finally get some dinner at Mimi's. The bib covered most of the reindeer and we only got a few strange looks. We were prepared with a story about him modeling for a Christmas craft show but never got the chance to use it!
Friday, October 12, 2007
My baby boy turned 1 this past Wednesday and in honor of that I would like to steal an idea from a friend and give you a little Kaden top 25
1. Kaden Jon Rhodes was born on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 at 10:02 am (tried to make 10, but doc was too slow!). He was born in delivery room 10 and we were moved to room 244 ( adds to 10). Cooky right! He also had approximately 10,000 photos taken that first day!
2. His first word was dada followed by dog, duck and finally mama!
3. He started sleeping through the night at about 3 months. (9pm to 6:30am)
4. He will sleep until 9:00 if given the opportunity but usually rises at 6:30 when his Mama goes to get him up. He usually wakes up with a smile but if not his first Molly kiss of the day usually does it!
5. He loves to flip light switches! He is successful only about 1/2 the time but loves to try!
6. He loves mirrors! We have always been able to make him smile by showing him a mirror. If I was that cute I would want to look at myself all the time too!
7. He loves dogs! As aforementioned, dog before mama! He loves to get open mouth kisses from Molly, we are working on keeping the mouth closed! He cracks himself up just going for a kiss!
8. His first real food was sweet potatoes, which he still prefers over french fries! Crazy! Interesting side note, sweet potatoes are one of the few foods his daddy doesn't like!
9. He started walking at 10 months and running at 10 1/2. This boy is on the move!
10. He loves books! Especially pop-ups! He will read the same where's baby book 50 times if you will let him!
11. He loves his stick horse. Before he could walk he would crawl and drag it with one hand, now he will sit on it and try to sing the bonanza song, that is what we always sing to get him to bounce up and down on it! He blows his lips and says bu bu as soon as we open the garage, this is his word for his stick horse!
12. He love peekaboo! with towels, blankets or even just look away and looking back really fast!
13. He loves to pretend to give you a bite of something and then quickly sticks it back in his own mouth. This cracks him up every time!
14. He will be attending his 2nd Baylor Homecoming this year, last year he went when he was 11 days old!
15. His wardrobe consists mostly of collared shirts, per Aunt Sissy's advice, jeans and shorts. We recently added shoes, he is better with them but still prefers bare feet!
16. He stays with Ms. Joyce this year while Mommy and Daddy work. Eric is teaching him to toughen up. He has learned to take a train to the head rather well.
17. He is allergic to clothing dye. If we put an outfit on him that hasn't been washed he immediately gets a rash!
18. He gave up his paci at 3 months and his bottles at 11 months. He also switched himself to real milk at 11 months, he just refused to drink formula anymore! who can blame him!
19. He loves to eat! but as I said more vegetable than anything! he also loves goldfish, puffs, string cheese, bread, peas, green beans and yogurt!
20. He loves barking at dogs. Maybe we have the next Dr. Doolittle.
21. He is named Kaden(because it was a name Jon and I liked 5 years ago and we thought it would be unique. Little did we know it would become one of the most popular names for 2006) and Jon (for his Daddy of course)! Hi snicknames include Sweet Boy, Munchkin and Bubba
22. He has bright blue eyes, everyone always asks if they can have them and white blond hair. He has already had two hair cuts! He hates them, by the way, but always looks so handsome afterwards! On occasion, he gets a little spike like daddy's!
23. His favorite kid show is Blue's Clues..a dog....... shocking I know!
24. He loves the water...unless it is on a rag trying to wash his face! He loves to swim(crawl in the shallow parts) and loves the Fort Worth Water Gardens!
25. He has the best laugh! He is super ticklish (like Daddy) and has had an awesome belly laugh since about 3 months!