Tuesday, June 10, 2008

20 Months!

Dear Kaden,

I can’t believe you are already 20 months old. I know I say this as every month mile stone passes but it gets more and more unbelievable each time! You have had an eventful month. Including hanging out with the Hightower’s during the day and learning all kinds of things about being a boy. You have really improved your car and airplane noises but my favorite is that they taught you to howl and to say “hee-haw!” It doesn’t even matter that you refuse to acknowledge the word horse because all horse are either “hee-haws!” or, of course, your favorite response to us pointing out a horse is…”no, a cow!” You are so silly and I swear you know you are messing with us! I have a feeling you are going to have a great sense of humor!




You have really developed a knack for coloring this month. You love to use your crayons and sometimes you will even share them with Mommy and Daddy. The best thing ever is your new Diego Color Wonders book. Whoever thought of these things should win an award. Marker that don’t get on anything…Genius! Mommy wishes she would have thought of that. I am looking forward to proudly displaying all of your future art work!

You are down to one nap a day. It is usually a long one and leaves you ready to play. I have been letting you stay up later, mostly because I like to lengthen the time I get to spend with you. I love hugging and singing to you at night. My favorite thing is still when you say “Amen” after bedtime prayers. You still prefer to pretend to go "night night" rather than actually sleeping but you are getting better. Hopefully soon we will start putting you in a big boy bed!

You got to go to 2 birthday parties this month! The first one was for Jordan at the zoo. You had a great time checking’ out the animals and of course eating cake! Your second one was for Alex. It was at the gymnastics center and you loved it! You even dove into the foam pit. You love to say “I jumpin’!” It is so cute and also applicable to being on Mommy and Daddy’s bed. It is good that you make sure we know what you are doing!


You love to run and hide. You always run for a dead end but it is so fun to “find” you as you erupt in giggles. Sometimes all you have to do is put your hands over your eyes to “disappear” You think this is so great. You laugh so hard you give your self hiccups! I hope you always keep your laugh. It is the greatest!

Time to hit the pool this month. You allowed us to put you in floaties with an inner-tube around your middle for a little while but soon told us that you were much too big for all that. You wander around the shallow end like you are king of the pool and have no qualms about heading for the deep end with Mommy or Daddy hot on your tail. Someday you will be big enough for the deep end, but don’t make it too fast!

You really love animals. You can now put together your puzzle with the animal sounds all by yourself. You love to imitate the sounds and point out with everything is. I don’t think you have missed pointing out the cows on any road we have driven lately. You refuse to acknowledge the word horse but you will get it eventually.



You are so lucky because you get to spend the next 8 weeks with Daddy! You are so lucky to have such a great Daddy. He loves being with you and Mommy is definitely jealous. I know you won’t remember but I hate that I don’t get to be with you all day. I feel like I miss so much. Please don’t do anything cool until I get home ok, or at least tell Daddy not to tell me so I can be surprised.




You sat in the barber chair all by yourself last night. You weren’t sure at first but after getting to rotate out 3 different suckers you decided it wasn’t so bad! You look so handsome!

We are so proud of the little boy you are becoming. Though the timeouts and spanks have definitely increased so has the fun. We can’t wait to see what you will do next.

Know that no matter what, we love you more than anything. And even when we aren’t together, know that I am thinking about you!

Love you with all my heart,

Mommy

No comments: